This year, pupils in St Luke’s will investigate the language of learning. Each week we will focus on the meaning of a new word and what it means for us and our learning. Pupils will work across stages to design and create mascots for each of the learning words:
How can I support my child at home?
To support our work in school on developing a language of learning, we would encourage you to discuss learning at home too. Here are some ideas of questions you might like to use at home:
• What was the best thing that happened at school today?
• Tell me something that made you smile at school.
• Tell me about something you learned or something you did.
• Was there anything you found really tricky? What strategies did you use to help you in your learning?
• Tell me one thing you learned at school today and I’ll tell you one thing I learned today.
• What’s your favourite thing about your teacher?
• What are you working on in Art/Music/PE class?
• What are you looking forward to at school tomorrow?
• Did you make any mistakes at school today? Tell me what you learned from them.
• What challenged you most today?
• What was the nicest thing you did for someone else today?
• Do you have any questions that maybe your teacher could answer?
Please also take a look at our Visible Learning parent information document below.