Covid-19 Arrangements over Christmas and New Year
In order to ensure we are able to support families who may test positive over Christmas and New Year, we have put in place arrangements that will allow us to work with Health Protection Lothian to identify potential close contacts in schools. In order for this to be most effective, we are asking you to support us.
ALL SCHOOL SETTINGS (Early Years, Primary, Special and Secondary)
- Please report any absence to your child’s school so we can keep our records up to date before the holiday break
- If your child is symptomatic with any of the following symptoms, please do not send them to school
- a new continuous cough.
- A new continuous cough is where you have a new cough that’s lasted for an hour have had three or more episodes of coughing in 24 hours and are coughing more than usual.
- and/or a fever/high temperature
- A high temperature is feeling hot to the touch on your chest or back (you don’t need to measure your temperature). You may feel warm, cold or shivery
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- This means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- a new continuous cough.
- During the school holidays, if your child has had a positive test result for Covid-19 please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name and DOB
- Symptom Onset
- Date Last in school
- School name & year group
SECONDARY SCHOOLS ONLY
- Over the Christmas period if your child has a positive test, they will be asked to identify who their close contacts were within a set timescale by the Test and Protect Team.
- As this may mean looking at days your child was in school, we will be asking them to note the names of their close contacts in every class on Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd of December only.
- On Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd December your child will be asked to record the names of those pupils who are their immediate close contacts. They will bring this information home with them and this will be required for you to use with them should the Health Protection Team contact you.
- If your child does test positive, they will be asked to identify the close contacts on their lists. This depends on the day they first displayed Covid-19 symptoms. This will support the team to contact other pupils and staff who may need to self-isolate.
- PLEASE, can you support us and your child by checking with your child(ren) that they have brought the information home with them and it is kept in a safe place for easy access.
- If your child(ren) are not close contacts you will not receive any communication about positive cases in the school and your child should return to school after the festive break as planned.
EARLY YEARS, PRIMARY, SPECIAL
As your child(ren) is in the same class for the whole school day the school will share attendance information with the central team so they can identify and notify close contacts. If your child is identified as a close contact, you will receive a text informing you of the isolation period. If you do not hear from us, you not need to do anything further.
Thank you for your continued support.